Stefano Bardini Museum | Florence
12 September 2020 - 21 December 2020
promoted byMunicipality of Florence
in partnership withEduardo Secci Contemporary
and with the support ofMoaconcept
The presence of the works of Kevin Francis Gray in Florence testifies and confirms the leading role that the city plays in the promotion of contemporary art.a.
The deep bond that exists between Kevin Francis Gray and the Tuscan territory is testified by the long years of collaboration between the artist and the Pietrasanta marble processing studios. But it is for the first time that, thanks to this exhibition, the artist exhibits his works in the Florentine territory, in search of a direct dialogue with the great masters of the past. In the rooms of the Museum we find over twenty works made with different types of marble: statuary, from Carrara, bardiglio, marquina and a work in bronze. The artist's devotion to the art of the past is testified not only by the use of materials, but also by his love for ephemeral, classical poses and subjects as magically wrapped in a timeless veil.mporale.
Kevin Francis Gray was born in 1972 in Armagh, Northern Ireland. He studied at the National College of Art and Design in Dublin, then at the School of the Art Institute in Chicago and in 1999 received an MA in Fine Arts from Goldsmith College. The artist works closely with two marble processing studios, between London and Pietrasanta, the latter particularly known for the use of sculptural techniques dating back to Canova and Michelangelo. His works have been part of exhibitions at the Royal Academy in London, UK; Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, UK; the Museum of Contemporary Art of the Val de-Marne, Paris, FR; the Nieuw Dakota, Amsterdam, NL; the Palazzo Arti Napoli, Naples, IT; the Musee dArt Moderne, Saint-Etienne, FR; lARTIUM, Vasco Center-Museum of Contemporary Art, Vitoria-Gasteiz, ES; the Tel-Aviv Museum of Art, Tel Aviv, IL; and Art Space, New York, USA.k, USA.
• Bolletti Paola, Il Reporter, Kevin Francis Gray's sculptures at the Bardini Museum in Florence, 21 September 2020
• Farrell Jane, The Florentine, Kevin Francis Gray at the Stefano Bardini Museum, 21 July 2020
• Windows on art, Kevin Francis Gray's sculptures between past and contemporary at the Stefano Bardini Museum, 20 September 20200
• Serena Bedini, Rosso Rubino, The Bardini museum Hosts the sensual corporeality of contemporary art, 18 September 2020..
• Dino Chiara, Corriere Fiorentino, Kevin Francis Gray, 20 hidden works at the Bardini museum, 18 September 202020
• Rizza Gabriele, Il Tirreno, 18 September 2020
• Gimmy Tranquillo, Controradio, 17 September 2020
• Costanza Baldini, In Tuscany, Kevin Francis Gray's sculptures dialogue with the antiquities of the Bardini Museum, 18 September 2020
• FirenzeToday, 12 June 2020
• Olga Mugnaini, Al Bardini the veiled figures of Gray, La Nazione, 6 June 202020